Thursday, August 13, 2009

Billu Barbers @ XLRI ...


I am enjoying services marketing lectures even though they have always been full of obnoxious examples.Profs of marketing here at XLRI live within a bounded rationality.It seems they are big fans of the movie Billu Barber.Until now I have been liking my nature of self-deprecating humor but now it is time to highlight on some of the points.Slowly-slowly I have started doubting on their avocation cos I dont think all concepts can be explained by giving examples of a hair-cut.Come on ! for nut-sake there are multiple other options available.Excellent oratory gives them the perfect podium to launch what ever vague ideas they want to deliver.But ofcourse brainwashing is not easy, it requires expertise.Our resistance as non-acceptance is often met with derogatory comments.It is sheer talent by which they hallucinate the array of questions in our mind and successfully walkout of the vicinity without answering them.I wonder what they do in IIMA since it is known for marketing.May be I am thick-headed to understand the basics but one thing is sure that I have been diligent. Hence I can not buy any argument against my efforts.Problem is the complexity of human beings, we are un predictable creatures.This entanglement is due to the presence of 200 billion neuron cells inside our brain.

2 comments:

  1. Thats certainly very true, we are given about a dozen of cases for each semester and we hardly reach to any conclusions. The faculty simply stating that its just to have a discussion on the related course content to build a practical approach. But that definitely puts our 200 bn neuron cells to work, which, I guess is the main task of our professors. So, Mr. Anubhav, I would just say, let your mind work....its good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey this is not to criticize anyone's style..rather it is to say that here means are not justifying the end..My mind still looks for answers.

    ReplyDelete