Saturday, September 26, 2009

Yes Smoking !!

Some are bound to disagree. I pity on those days of soberity when I abhorred smokers but now I confess that I was living within a bounded rationality. Till some time I was untouched by seduction and I always believed upon my inner restraint to stay away from a hedonistic life style. But then somethings are bound to happen. Suddenly I have started respecting the sentiments of the composers of B.C Sutta. Its all in mind. There are so many things in life which thrills but kills, e.g Bunjee Jumping , Sky diving and other adventurous sports.They all have some element of risk involved. Protesters say one year of smoking reduces 10 years of life but why dont we see the other side of the coin? It helps us in cutting down on the amount of pain we go through in those 10 years. World is changing fast, we must not have any expectations from our children that they will keep us safe in our end days so why dont we cut down on the days of agony and forget everything and smoke. Look at the film stars like SRK, they do their work and smoke, forgetting all the ill effects .I think I am absolved from the sins of condemning smoking. Hopefully I will have some more points in support after a while. I dont think smoking kills. It just trims the number of days from our life and we die anyway. :)

12 comments:

  1. nicely written, but am sure many would disagree

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess we all know wass rong and write... m just a writer who s enjoying freedom of expression.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a good point that you cut down your last 10 years....But dude if u survived those days-most people do-living with mouth and thorat cancer..unable to taste the food they eat, with face turned into an horrendous alien appearnece.
    I would rather die jumping from sky or cut my rope when i am Bungee Jumpin'.
    Smoking Kills dude!!! and it will make sure you watch yourself dying.........
    regarding BC sutta i enjoy the song with the same energy.....but dude I am lucky ki mujhe Sutta na mila

    ReplyDelete
  5. doston load nahi lene ka... atleast give a try then tell me.... :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. sutta zindagi hai...period!

    quitting it is damn easy...i've done it a million times...:P

    "one last ciggarette...i just cant forget
    take it in and hold your breath
    hope it never ends
    WHEN ITS GONE ITS GONE!!!"
    - Bon Jovi

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like d last line..!! :P
    gud gud/!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beta yadii aaj tumhara pehla pyaar agrah hota to tumhein yeh kehta " kya tumhara jina anivarya hai??"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bad Idea....and for the first time I strongly disagree with this post. Thats a very pessimistic thought that your children won't take care. Common...doing a negative act like smoking which is injurious to self as well as others around us and then justifying it is too much. If one has got used to it, they must accept that they are bound by a bad habbit and try to get rid of it asap rather than justifying the wrong act by such reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  10. a good piece of writing as u always do....however, i beg to differ....
    QUIT smoking...for urself n for those who love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sweet heart... rups... yup but which love u are talkin abt... material love is all i believe now.. may b u r with me on this ;)

    ReplyDelete